Monday, September 5, 2011

Indian poetess- Mirabai

I was just going through the poets and poetess of India, when I came across Mirabai. She was born in 1504 AD and was the Queen of rajasthan.Mira is known for the many bhajans that she left behind.These bhajans are in praise of Lord Krishna and held in great esteem for their high literary value.

UNBREAKABLE

Unbreakable, O lord,
Is the love,
That binds me to you
Like a Diamond,
It breaks the hammer that strikes it.
My heart goes into You
As the polish that goes into gold
As the lotus that lives in water
I live in You.
Like the bird
That gazes all the night
At the passing moon,
I have lost myself dwelling in you.
O my Beloved- RETURN.

-Mirabai.

About The Poem.

The Poem Unbreakable expresses Mirabai's unconditional love towards her beloved lord Krishna. In spite of the restrictions from her in-laws, family she walked on her own path, facing many negative consequences. She identifies herself in her love and wants him to return to her as soon as possible as she cannot live her life without him. Her life is incomplete without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment