Wednesday, July 6, 2011

BMM

BMM...From the age of 15 I had a fixed mind to get in BMM even though I had no idea what actually was BMM..If anyone asked me “what are going to do after your 12th”?? I used to answer them very confidently that my planning to do BMM, and when they asked me what that course is about, I would tell them “that you can ask my mother”. By the time I cleared my 11th I had a clear idea what was BMM. So I knew that either I would end up in BMM or FYBA.

When I had my 12th results in my hand, I was very excited to go to different collages and fill my BMM forms and then there was a wait for the list to come out. My name appeared in the second list of Wilson collage and my happiness knew no bounds. I was so happy that finally I will be a media student.

Collage started and I was introduced to the different subjects in BMM. After my first day I was so sure that this course is not for me. I am not a confident speaker nor am I very good with my writing skills. As I shared this dilemma of mine with my mother she told that “it’s ok. You don’t need to worry as there is a lot of scope for you to learn and improve yourself”. And she was right.

As time passed, we had computers lectures and to add to my problem I was even more nervous about this subject. Because I had never ever heard of photoshop or adobe premiere. But it was not that difficult as I thought it would be. And then came presentations. But my presentations were good even though I was always nervous.

As first year came to end, I knew that what I was when I started this course and now I know where I stand. To end I will say that it was not a cake walk for me, not only me but am sure many more but I guess all of us now have a clear idea what are we expected to do in this course and I am surely trying to improve myself and I know that I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment